May 2019 LCTL Partnership Workshop
Where: Michigan State University (Wells Hall, East Lansing, MI)
When: Monday, May 13th – Tuesday, May 14th
Who: Up to two LCTL instructors are invited to attend from each Big Ten Academic Alliance Institution, in addition to those who already participate as Core and Affiliate Partners for our languages.
**Note: This workshop covers largely the same material as our May 2017/2018 Workshop. If you attended a May workshop before, please allow a different colleague to attend in your stead.**
You will have ample time to network and discuss issues with fellow LCTL instructors in addition to having focused sessions on the following topics:
- Use and understand concept of reverse design
- Examine proficiency standards that are relevant to your program and students
- Dialogue about best practices regarding the use of authentic and designed materials in the classroom
- Learn the basics about your rights and responsibilities when it comes to copyright and open access materials
- Hands-on time after each topic to dig into concepts and make notes for follow-up actions needed
December Workshop 2017
Thank you for a successful workshop!
The videos of the sessions are available below.
Session 1: The Differentiated Classroom
Dr. Jason Merrill
Session 2: The Flipped Classroom
Session 3: Assessment
Dr. Koen Van Gorp
Sessions 4 and 5: Communities of Practice and Grassroots LCTL Sharing
Dr. Emily Heidrich and Ariel Mallett
Session 6: Looking to the Future